PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT TIPS
PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT TIPS
You are already ahead of the game. You are searching for professional headshot tips, and you found the best corporate photographer in town. Kudo’s to you. Pat yourself on the back.
The best tip I have for you is to stop looking for a photographer and just book me. This will yield the best result. You’d like to know more about crafting a narrative around your personal brand? I can help you with that too, just keep reading.
The second best tip I have for you is to put all of your faith in your photographer. If you try to micromanage your headshot session, you’re going to fail. Your photographer is the expert, or at least they should be. If you’re the kind of person that tells the Chef her food needs more salt or are a backseat driver of sorts, you’re going to fail. It’s that simple. You see, you don’t know what your face looks like. I mean you know what your face looks like, but when you’re being photographed you don’t really know what your face is doing. You need my help. You need my coaching. I am the difference between you looking invincible and you looking like everyone else.
WHAT TO WEAR FOR A PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT
This is my Professional Headshot Tips infographic. Just click on the image and the entire infographic should load for you. Most of the advice is specific to what to wear to your professional headshot session. I’ve seen some crazy outfits over the years. The kind of stuff you just don’t forget, like the lady with the mink fur. It had the head on it and everything. Just follow these professional headshot tips and you should be good to go. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
WHAT TO WEAR IN A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO
While we’re talking about what to wear to your professional headshot session, I should also mention that most people come underprepared. It kills me because this site is full of valuable information, but I digress.
How to prepare for your professional headshot session
- Bring lots of clothing options for your headshot. It’s better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it.
- Get a good nights sleep. As a father of two, I know how hard that can be. It’s OK to be selfish for one night. Ask for help. You’ll thank me later.
- Pick out a kickass playlist. Maybe playlists aren’t your thing. Are you on Spotify, or Pandora, or Apple Music? I’ve got you covered. Let’s bring some energy into this headshot session.
- Ladies, book the makeup artist! Thank me later. You’re welcome in advance.
- Gentlemen, skip the makeup artist! Thank me later. You’re welcome in advance.
- Leave your baggage at the door! We’ve all got baggage, and most of us have it under our eyes. I can deal with the eye stuff, but as far as life goes, set it aside for an hour and focus on you. This is your personal branding. Don’t worry, life will be there waiting for you when we’re done.
- Come into this with an open mind. Most of my clients don’t love being photographed. I don’t take it personally, but I am going to do whatever it takes to make you look cool.
- Be a team player. The more you put into this the more you’ll get out of it. I need your feedback. I need you to do your best to follow along with the coaching. If you work with me, we’re going to make magic happen in front of the camera.
- Photoshop is like makeup. A person can put makeup on and look better than they look without it. But if you put all the makeup on, you’re going to look like a clown. I’ve got an excellent retoucher, and I’ve seen him do some things I didn’t think were possible. That being said, I want this image to be a representation of you on your best day.
- And the final thing on my top 10 list of professional headshot tips is to love yourself. You’re amazing, or you wouldn’t be on this page reading this list.